Oslo (November 24, 2014): The brand new lyngen line from Norrøna is the way to enjoy modern ski touring. Ranodonnée skiing is the biggest outdoor trend in both Europe and the US right now – and the hike up is just as important as the ride down. That is why the Norrøna lyngen collection is all about lightweight.
– We wanted to maximize the breathability and weather protection – and keep the weight low, says Jørgen Jørgensen, CEO at Norrøna.
– At the same time, we wanted to include the freeride spirit in the design.
When you are ski touring, layering is an important issue. The lyngen line offers different layers of weather protection: here you will find both shell jackets, shell pants, down jackets, down pants and different fleece products.
– I don´t think you will find just one favorite product in the lyngen collection, says Jørgensen.
– I think you will find a lot of favorite products.
Details in the new lyngen products:
* The lyngen light¨ weight down jacket is – as the name says – both warm, light and packable.
* The new lyngen hybrid jacket and pants are partly made of breathable soft shell and partly of a driflex waterproof fabric. These products are made for intense activity, and cool features include hand gaiters, a protective hood, powder skirt, inside ventilation with powder mesh and inside snow gaiters in the pants.
* The lyngen driflex jacket and pants are 100% water proof and very breathable, and have all the same features as the lyngen hybrid jackets and pants – plus a pocket with a venting mesh and removable snow gaiters in the pants.
* The lyngen alfa jacket in Polartec fabric is a brand new favorite piece. The jacket comes with a hood and can be used all day long.
* The new lyngen layering pants are really easy to zip on and off. Great for breaks when you are touring or when you have reached the summit.
* The new lyngen power stretch jacket is light, stretchable and dries fast. The jacket has gaiters, pockets and a face mask for cold days.
* The lyngen 35-liter backpack comes with avalanche equipment pockets, a helmet pocket, ice axe attachments and different ski attachments. This is a lightweight backpack made for ski touring.
To sum it up: Norrøna lyngen is all about lightweight, different layers and breathability.
For further information, contact:
Notes to the Editor
Established in 1929 by Jørgen Jørgensen, a Norwegian outdoor enthusiast, Norrøna is a family-owned and family-run company based in Oslo. Inspired by Norway’s rugged landscape and outdoor life, Norrøna creates original, technically superior, performance-driven outdoor wear for mountaineering, telemark and ski. Technical clothing, backpacks and accessories are built with test team feedback, with focus on fabric development and product innovation. Norrøna’s design philosophy is based on Loaded Minimalism – utilitarian function combined with minimalist style. Norrøna holds a history of pioneering ‘firsts’, including creating the original mountain tunnel tent (1972); designing the standard monitoring system for backpacks (1979); and heralding the use of Gore-Tex® in Europe (1977).
Norrøna is for everyone who loves sustainable, high quality, functional gear with a playful design. Our mission is to make great products our way for people with an active lifestyle through our design philosophy: Loaded Minimalism™. Inspired by the rugged Norwegian wilderness and driven by our passion for nature, we push the boundaries of product design with functional solutions to equip you with high-end, protective gear for your outdoor adventures.