Motivation from the Jury
Klättermusen was the first outdoor company to push the development of recycled nylon – a big step forward in manufacturing sustainable gear because it is more durable than recycled polyester. Now the next innovation follows; Brage Jacket, the first waterproof, breathable Hard-shell built out of a flour carbon- and PTFE-free three-layer fabric with a recycled nylon face fabric. »It might be a quite heavy jacket, but that is the price of strong, long lasting material which is an important factor to creating a sustainable product. And once you put it on, it feels so comfortable that one forgets about the weight«, says one jury member while testing.
Primary innovation features
- 100% fluorocarbon-free
- 100% recycled polyamide
- Extendable powder skirt
Intended specific end use
Our idea for this jacket was to create a waterproof outer garment dedicated to backcountry ski touring in harsh conditions – with small footprints in nature. It is fluorocarbon-free, made from 100% recycled polyamide and the weave of the fabric is stretchy and flexible.
- Shaped for movement. The sleeves have pre-bent elbows and are designed for the jacket to stay down even when you raise your arms.
- 3D-adjustable hood with room for helmet.
- Toggle and D-ring in front.
- Duracoat™ reinforcement at backside sleeve, shoulders, bottom hem back and hips.
- Detachable and extendable powder skirt.
The jacket is totally fluorocarbon-free and the polyamide is recycled.
Available in stores
Recommended retail price in SEK/Euro