Svalbard has been one of our flagship models in the X-Trem category since 1999, and is probably one the world’s most experienced expedition tents.
Proven itself on the North Pole, South Pole, Greenland and the world’s highest mountains, Svalbard can be described as a master of expeditions. Few other tents have so many merits and are so well known from the base-camp as our Svalbard. Materials and details have been thoroughly tested.
Its construction combines the best from dome and tunnel tents, and withstand the harshest conditions. The dome makes the tent extra stabile in strong winds, but also provides more space and height inside, which increases the comfort level when weather-bound or generally spend loads of time inside the tent. For increased security in extreme winds some choose to use double poles, and that is possible on this tent.
The new PRO version of Svalbard has the same strong fabric, with 20kg tear-strength, but is 600gram lighter.
A very good choice for longer winter trips, in tough conditions with strong winds and when you value an extra level of comfort.
- Persons: 3
- Packed volume: 20 x 42 cm
- Tent weight (+ – 10%): 3,9kg
- Weight pegs: 0,26 kg
- Pole length: 2 x 378cm + 2x310cm
- Poles: DAC Featherlight NSLTM (36 cm sections)
- Fabric inner tent: Micro Ripstop® Polyester 30D
- Fabric outer tent: Helsport SuperLight 1000, 3000 mm
- Fabric floor: Polyamide SI, 5000 mm
- Accessories: Rep Kit (+0,15 kg) contains: fabric, needle, thread, seamsealer, repair sleeve and extra pole segment. Art.: 265-278
- Color: Helsport Green
In 1970, Helsport launched the world’s first tunnel tent, just one example of the innovative products from this family owned company. The brand focus is on high quality and lightweight mountaineering products. Helsport was started in 1951, in Trondheim, Norway and has since equipped hundreds of expeditions all over the world.