Winter can be harsh in many regions of the northern hemisphere, but kids still need to be able to enjoy the Great Outdoors. The Reima range of frost-proof solutions for this winter features high-quality PrimaLoft® insulation to keep your kids warm and cosy, with the emphasis on easy care and comfort.
Reima designs have recently undergone a total facelift with amazing results, and company HQ has been inundated with favourable comments from consumers, media and bloggers. The new autumn/winter 2015 collection is even more captivating than in previous years, and will definitely not go unnoticed. The Reima designers have tackled the challenge of winter travel with kids: leaving the city for active holiday pursuits in woodlands or on ski slopes, and transforming a road trip into everything that gets the most fun and inspiration out of a winter outdoor vacation in the Scandinavian countryside.
Colours include a new fox-tinted orange, and the greens and violet pinks of forest and heather are combined with frosty wintry pastels and neutral shades. The vivid blues and greens of the Aurora Borealis also feature against the blackness of the night sky, with bold splashes of neon orange from the campfire.
Proven favourites, such as parka jackets with arctic-style faux fur trimmed hoods, are strong this season in classic red, blue and neutral tones. A denim-look print gives a casual touch to wintry tops and waterproof pants that also makes them suitable for outdoor life in the city. Down-filled Reimatec® jackets become genuine all-purpose highlights of the range as waterproof, breathable material is made Arctic-proof by nature’s warmest insulation.
PrimaLoft® for easy care and warmth
Everyone knows that keeping the hands, feet and head warm greatly improves comfort in cold weather, and so all Reimatec® winter gloves and mittens in winter 2015 will feature super warm, soft and flexible PrimaLoft® wadding. The fibres of this insulation are finer than in regular wadding, providing maximum warmth without bulk.
Reimatec+® jackets “Air” and “Trailing” with new PrimaLoft® down blend insulation provide a great way for parents to save time and energy in clothing care. The high-quality polyester wadding in this blend reduces the time required for drying insulation to a quarter of the drying time needed with conventional downs. This insulation also retains 94 per cent of its warmth even when wet, which is good news for active snowsport enthusiasts! With waterproof and breathable Reimatec® serving as the shell material, waterproof taping of all seams, and necessary snowsport features included, these jackets are sure to be champions of the season.
Smart functionality rules
- Many clever design details unique to Reima® continue in this winter’s collection, including the handy elastic inner suspenders used in Reima® ski overalls and snowplay-oriented Kiddo overalls. Inner suspenders ensure that kids continue to feel comfortable when popping indoors for a mug of hot chocolate, as the top of the overall can be removed to hang nicely behind without touching the floor.
- Many Reima® products are multi-functional and convertible. Babies’ sleeping bags readily transform into overalls when the child learns to walk, and the sleeves of junior light down jackets can be unzipped and removed.
- Some jackets and beanies are reversible, offering a refreshing change during the long autumn and winter season.
- Attaching mid-layer garments to the outer layer with Reima Play Layers® snaps makes layered dressing a lot easier for kids.
- An extra pair of elastic shoelaces is provided with our popular Wetter shoes for use until kids learn to tie their own laces.
- And, last but not least, the zip design in all Reima skiwear has been enhanced to stop the shell fabric getting stuck in the zip.
A genuine all-year wardrobe
You might not prefer heavily wadded garments in summer (except in Lapland or Siberia), but otherwise all Reima® products may be used at all times of year. Functional Play Jersey base layer wear, for example, not only leads moisture away from the skin, but also has a built-in UV shield with a sun protection factor of 40 to ensure all-weather use both indoors and out! The functional Reima Play Layers® dressing system applies in cold weather, with a base layer to keep the skin dry, a mid layer for warmth, and a breathable cover layer for protection.
PrimaLoft® is a trademark of PrimaLoft, Inc.
For further details and images please contact Riika Paakkunainen, Communications Manager, tel. +358 20 759 5817
Established in 1944 and based in Finland, Reima is the leading Nordic children’s functional clothing brand. The company employs about 180 people, achieving net sales of approximately EUR 62.3 million in 2013. Reima products are sold in over 20 countries. Reima also owns the Lassie® and Tutta® trademarks.
Functionality, safety, reliability and innovation are fundamental to Reima design items. Reima® products are tested by the world’s most honest and ruthless testing team: our children.
Reima knows how to get kids out and about! Established in 1944, the Finnish brand offers premium functional children’s wear for active kids, tip-to-toe and all year round, designed for sustainability. This year, the around 7 million Reima garments produced enable kids all over the world to move and play freely, in all conditions – always safely and in comfort.